|Bucks Animation Logo by Monika Dzikowicz|
Below is a brief summary of what we'll be teaching:
|CGI Foundation - Year One|
- CGI Foundation. Core vfx skills. Modelling, cameras & lenses, UV mapping & texturing, lighting & rendering, and compositing a 3D object into a photographic plate.
- 2D Graphics & Animation. Motion graphics, animated text effects, and animated film & TV titles.
- CGI Animation Foundation. Animation principles, including locomotion, walk cycles, run cycles, weight and flexibility.
- Previs & 3D Layout. Design, storyboards, concept art, 3D layout, cameras, editing, sound effects, motion capture (“MoCap”) and directing.
|Year Two - Animation 2 - Character Performance|
- Animation 2 - Character Performance. Acting, dialogue, lipsync and performance.
- Animation 3 - Animals & Creatures. Photo-realistic animals including quadrupeds, birds, insects, fish, monsters, dinosaurs and other creatures.
- Intermediate CGI Modelling & Rigging. Modelling, rigging, texturing and lighting.
- CG VFX. Dynamics, particles & fluids.
|Year Three - Short Film project|
- Short Film Project - Pre-Production. Solo or group project - a short film. Script, storyboards, visual development & design, and record voices into a full story reel or animatic.
- Short Film Project - Production. Modelling, texturing, animation, lighting, music and sound effects.
- Digital Practice. The job market. Take a close look at the industry, complete a live project for a client, work on a website or blog and polish your demo reel.
- Dissertation. Theory and practice. Research Methods, Film Theory, Design, Media, Lifestyle & Culture.
For more on the experience of studying at Bucks New University, come and visit us at one of our Open Days, take a virtual tour of one of our animation studios, check out what our students think of our course, and see why we're ranked in the top 12 creative universities in the UK. Find out why we're giving free laptops to all our students, and why we give all our students free access to videos at Lynda.com. Also, see what financial assistance might be available to you. Learn which is better for animation, a PC or a Mac? Get hold of a copy of a map so you can find your way around campus, and learn about motion capture at Bucks. And find out about how our online video tutorials work.