The top three winning entries will all received a cash prize.
- First prize is £1000
- Second prize is £750
- Third prize is £500
The brief for the competition is to "capture the essence of Churchill's unique style and personality, and present it for a modern audience". Entrants can create work in any media that can be viewed on a website.The panel, made up of external patrons and members of The Churchill Centre, will review entries against five criteria.
- Design craft. Does the design demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity to materials and techniques? Is the composition exciting and dynamic?
- Insight. Does the design present fresh and insightful perspectives into the different aspects of Churchill as a journalist, historian,great orator,politician,soldier,bricklayer, artist and more? Is the design exciting and compelling?
- Communication. Is the design easy to understand? Is it able to communicate its message directly and with force?
- Contemporary relevance. Does the piece of work show thought about the enduring appeal of Churchill's personality and style?
- Inspiration. Does the work have the potential to inspire great things?
The competition is open to international BA/MA students or recent graduates and will close on 31st August.
2014. Further details can be found on ARTS THREAD's website, here.