What is these bursaries for?
The bursaries are for post-graduate studies only.
Who is eligible to apply?
In accordance with national criteria, to be eligible for the bursary you will need to be a current UK or EU undergraduate student. You also need to have paid the higher rates of tuition, introduced at English universities in 2012.
|You too can wear this silly hat. Image: Wikipedia|
What other conditions are there?
You will also need to be from a background that is under-represented at your chosen university, and you must not already be in possession of a masters degree or its equivalent.
How do I know if I qualify as a student from an under-represented background?
You may qualify as under-represented if you are:
- A student from a low performing socio-economic background or area; or a student who is the first in their family to attend university and or/continue on to postgraduate study.
- A student with a disability that would normally make it difficult or more expensive for you to continue to postgraduate study.
- A student from a background that is under-represented in the specific discipline you wish to study (for example, a female wishing to study a male-dominated subject).
To find out which courses are eligible, please email us or call Bucks at 01494 603 020.
What else do I need to know?
- The only postgraduate degrees excluded are qualifications such as postgraduate diplomas and certificates, along with research degrees that aren't defined as taught programmes.
- You can also apply for this bursary if you wish to study part-time.
- You will not be required to pay the 2015 busary back.
- This scheme is intended for courses starting in 2015 only but it will be succeeded in 2016 with something different.
To register your interest, please email us or call 01494 603 020.
For more information, follow this link: http://bucks.ac.uk/fees_funding/postgraduate-masters-scholarships/PG_Bursary/
For more on the experience of studying at Bucks New University, come and visit us at one of our Open Days, take a virtual tour of one of our animation studios, check out what our students think of our course, and see why we're ranked in the top 12 creative universities in the UK. Find out why we're giving free laptops to all our students, and why we give all our students free access to videos at Lynda.com. Also, see what financial assistance might be available to you. Learn which is better for animation, a PC or a Mac? Get hold of a copy of a map so you can find your way around campus, and learn about motion capture at Bucks.