|"Flame" wins Best Editor|
"Flame" won Best Editor, a welcome addition to both films' trophy cabinet, which already includes a number of festival prizes.
Flame is a two minute short film, completed in 2019, and executive produced by BNU student Amedeo Beretta. "Flame" has already enjoyed festival success, having won awards at the London Seasonal Short Film Festival and the British International Amateur Film Festival.
Flame was an award winner at the British International Amateur Film Festival, and was awarded a "Special Mention" at the London Student Short Film Festival. Despite the challenges caused by the lockdown, we're delighted that our students' films continue to enjoy growing festival success.
Flame is in many upcoming festivals:
- Barnes Film Festival, London June 22
- One Laugh Away Short Film Festival, Dundee, October 19th
- South London Shorts, date tbc (post-Covid)
- We Like 'Em Short Festival (WLES), Oregon, 6 August 2020
- UK Offline Web Fest December 2020 (date tbc)
- Southport Film Festival, Nottingham, Online, June 26-28
- Australasia Film Festival of Time, August 10-16 2020, Online, Semi-Finalist
- Zeitimpuls Online Film Festival Online, Vienna, June 22-27
- FilmOneFest, Atlantic Highlands, NJ, July 18th 2020
As well as studying animation at Bucks, Amedeo is an animation tutor at Escape Studios in London.
Flame is an excellent example of the superb work being done by our online students at Bucks.
Flame took 9 1/2 weeks to complete, used eight different software platforms, and used at least 40 computers to render.
Amedeo Beretta - Executive Producer and Project Supervising Tutor
Carolina Xavier - Producer, Animator, Environment Artist
Cherelle Owusu - Director, Art Director, Animator and Character Designer
Luis David Marcillo-Coronado - Animation, Rigger, 2D Effects Designer
Joshua Thomas - Animator, Concept Artist, Modeling and Sound Design
Victor Andreas Lopez - Editor, Animator, Z Brush Modeler
Francesca Pesce - Lighting & Compositing Consultant
Mergim Gashi - Sound Designer
Paloma Zhu - Animator
For more on the experience of studying at Bucks New University, come and visit us at one of our Open Days, take a virtual tour of one of our animation studios, check out what our students think of our course, and see why we're ranked in the top 12 creative universities in the UK.