Thursday, 4 February 2016

Government Funding for Post-Graduate Study in the UK

There is good news this year for students in the UK hoping to secure funding for post-graduate study, including our pioneering Online MA in 3D Animation - the first of its kind anywhere in the world.

Prospective students will soon (from this summer) be able to secure Government funding for postgraduate study through loans, studentships, bursaries and grants.

If you are a UK-based student and you start a full-time or part-time master’s degree after 1 August 2016, you can now apply for a Postgraduate Loan. You will be able to borrow up to £10,000 to pay your fees and also help with living costs. So, how does the system work?

Who is eligible?
You’ll be eligible if you are under 60, ordinarily live in England or Wales, and don’t already have a master’s degree or higher qualification.

Does it depend on your income?
No, it does not.  This funding will not depend on your personal or family income.

How much can you borrow?
Up to £10,000, for fees and living expenses.

When can you apply?
Students will be able to apply from Summer 2016. Find out more about the Postgraduate Loan here. Or paste this link into your browser:

Where can you apply for our online MA in 3D Animation?
You can apply at the official Bucks New University site here.

Where can I find out more about the Online MA?
Read this post here to find out more about our Online MA in 3D Animation, launched in September 2016. To see some of the superb work done (already!) by our students, follow this link.

Does Bucks offer funding for students?
Yes, Bucks offers funding through the new Government-sponsored scheme. You can see details here.

What other sources of funding are there?
You'd be surprised how many charities and trusts provide grants for educational study. These grants vary enormously, and they are often aimed at students from poorer backgrounds and/or those who have achieved academic excellence.

To find out more about these charitable grants for education, try The Educational Grants Directory, The Charities Digest, The Grants Register, and The Directory of Grant Making Trusts. These are all books - not online resources - so you will need to go to a library and find them. Going down this route may involve some work and quite a few application forms, but it could be well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment