The annual VFX festival, hosted by Escape Studios, is returning from 16-18 March. As in previous years, they have excellent speakers coming to talk about the latest developments in Animation, Games and VFX.
2020 VFX Festival
In 2020, the festival will focus on "discovering and developing new and emerging talent". Two parts of The VFX Festival 2020 - EDU and Emerging Talent - will take place on 16 - 18 March at the Southbank Centre - the UK’s largest arts centre on the South Bank of the Thames.
Now in its 8th year, the annual VFX Festival offers a great way to find out about the latest trends in our industry, who is hiring, and what skills are in demand. We strongly encourage all our students at Bucks to attend. Come and find out what the future holds for our industry.
EDU and Emerging Talent will take place from 16 - 18 March 2020 at the Southbank Centre.
Purcell Room, Southbank Centre
Address: Purcell Room, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London, SE1 8XX
Who is it for
- The VFX Festival EDU - 16 March 2020 - is an event aimed at school and college students
- The VFX Festival Emerging Talent - 17 - 18 March 2020 is an event for students currently studying within higher education and young professionals who are looking to kick start a career in the creative industries.
- The VFX Festival After Hours - 16 - 18 March 2020. These afternoon technical talks and advanced workshops are dedicated to experienced industry professionals looking for knowledge-building opportunities and the chance to network. The sessions are also suitable for young professionals looking to progress their career in the creative industries.
|Blue Zoo founder Tom Box at the 2016 VFX Festival|
Like last year, the 2020 schedule includes a series of industry talks and showcases from across the VFX, Animation, Games and Motion Graphics sectors.
The industry is a constantly changing landscape. Last year's "big thing" is this year's old news.
This year's talks include:
- Creating the dazzling ‘Illusion Battle’ sequence in Spider-Man: Far From Home with Alexis Wajsbrot, VFX Supervisor at Framestore
- "Of Rats and Goop, Stranger Things & Monsters" by Rodeo FX with Yvon Jardel, Animation Supervisor at Rodeo FX
- Real-Time at Blue-Zoo Animation, Phil Stewart Head of Real-Time at Bluezoo
- Total War: Warhammer - Elliot Maren Lead Animator at Creative Assembly
The VFX Festival will be hosting a number of panel talks featuring experts on career development and recruitment.
VFX Animation & Games
VFX and Animation - Tuesday, 17 March
Games - Wednesday, 18 March
For many Bucks students and recent graduates, the most important part of the Festival is probably the recruiters, who come from all the big animation and VFX houses hunting for talent. If you'd like to meet in person the people who could help you get a job (and why wouldn't you?) - this is the place to be.
|Get yourself a business card|
And one last thing, for all our students...don't forget to print out some business cards first. A business card is still the best way to give your details, such as email and phone number, to a new contact. Can't afford business cards? Make some yourself!
2020 Tickets can be bought online
- Standard tickets for can be purchased here
- Discounted tickets for current students and Escapees can be bought here