The Sesame Street Sound Archive is full of cartoony audio clips, which work well with cartoony characters such as Mr Buttons and also the Willy rig. It's especially useful for our Character Performance Module DA702.
To get started, try picking a very short line of dialogue, download it and then drag and drop it into your timeline in Maya. To see more about how to use audio files in Maya, follow this link. To see more about how to use the "Willy" rig, see this blog post.
Resources on Animating Dialogue and Lipsync
- Dialogue and Lipsync Tutorial
- The Secret to Animating Dialogue and Lipsync
- Speed Lipsync - How to animate lipsync fast and efficiently
- Why animators need "Head Muppeting"
- Why animators need thumbnail sketches
- How to plan out a dialogue shot
For more on the experience of studying at Bucks New University, come and visit us at one of our Open Days, take a virtual tour of one of our animation studios, check out what our students think of our course, and see why we're ranked in the top 12 creative universities in the UK.